Tuesday, 9 August 2011

What was he thinking?

A Phoenix man was injured last week when he accidentally shot himself in the crotch.

That's not a typo, this fellow was on the way to the grocery story with his girlfriend when he slipped her gun into the waistband of his pants. The gun fired, the bullet striking his penis and going through his thigh.

Maybe because I am Canadian, where gun laws are extremely strict, but I just don't understand a number of things about this situation. Why wasn't the gun in the woman's purse? Why were they taking a gun to the grocery store? Why wasn't the safety on?


I must admit my first reaction was laughter - survival of the fittest theories come to mind. On the other hand, the news article names this poor fool and I suspect he's had to endure not only the pain from this incident but the comments that come with it.

No comments: