My first thought,
Blogging isn't easy. I don't think of myself as a creative person, so it can be daunting to come up with something I think might be remotely interesting to someone other than me. I try to take note of articles I read or events that occur and share that information. Often, though I fall back on what's been happening in my life. Often mundane, I suspect my life is not so different from others in this blogging world.
Another thought,
I love my pets, as much as I love my children, and some days even more - because the cats don't talk back. ;>) I'm a supporter of our local Humane Society by donating time and money. (I don't go to the shelter though, otherwise I'd have more cats!) Today at work, a person I work with suggested my donation were misguided. She informed me, "people are more important than animals". I was offended, I think both are important and I believe the way we treat our animals, is reflective of our respect for all life. At the extreme, studies show that serial killers often have their start by killing helpless animals.
Tonight I am reminded how much my cats mean to me. A good friend of mine, had to have both her dogs put down tonight as the result of parvo virus My heart breaks for her, as these pups were so very special to her and part of the family.
Still another thought,
Summer in Saskatchewan is too short! The last few nights have been cool with temperatures of less than 10C (50F). While it's supposed to be warmer for the next few days, it reminds me that fall isn't far away. To make the point even clearer, this morning I went out to water my containers and found leaves on the tree in the neighbour's backyard are starting to change color and even a few leaves have fallen.
But even as I say that, I know that our autumns are beautiful, with sunny days, cool and crisp nights, and a myriad of fall colors. It may start early, in August, but will frequently last until November. And even though winter will follow I'll be looking forward to my winter holiday. Just four and a half months and I'll be relaxing on a beach in St. Lucia.
And my final thought,

No comments:
Post a Comment