I took a drive this evening out to my brother's farm. No pictures to share this time because I forgot to take my camera! :>( It was a nice evening for a drive, about 25C, so I wound down the windows and let the breeze keep me cool. It did make singing along to the radio a little tough!
After checking the house and yard, I put out fresh water for the cats, and waited for them to show up. Hollywood was the first to come out of hiding, then Puddy and finally PJ (Puddy junior). Puddy is the mama cat to the others and also to my Silas and Shady. She's a short hair tortie about 11 years old. Her girls are both long hair; Hollywood is almost completely black while PJ looks like her mom with long hair (hence the name). Both Puddy and Hollywood are friendly, love to get petted and scratched, while PJ is content to just view me from afar. I sat on the front veranda in the sun reading my book for a about a half an hour while the three cats found places to curl up in the shade.
It was a relaxing way to wind down from the work day. But I have to admit while I enjoy (and sometimes envy) my brother's piece of heaven on earth there is simply no way I'd want the work that comes with it! My backyard may not be as quiet and peaceful but it suits me fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment