Friday, 5 August 2011

Taking the stairs

My friend K booked the second half of our winter vacation earlier this week. I'm sure I've posted about it before, but in case I didn't we're going to do a cruise for the second week. It's a seven day Western Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale with Princess.

We did our cruise last year with Princess and I loved it. We were in an obstructed oceanview room on Deck 8 which I thought was a perfect location, not far from the promenade deck and not too far from the buffet either. K and I made a rule, unless we were carrying luggage or masses of shopping, we weren't to take the elevator. At first I found climbing the stairs really difficult but a week into the trip I could climb six flights without stopping. Of course I didn't keep it up when I came home!

For this trip we've booked a balcony room, it was the same price as the oceanview rooms, and we'll should have a great view each day. The only problem (at least for me) is the room is on the 14th deck, only one deck away from the buffet but a lonnnggg way from everythig else.

Just by looking at my profile picture, you'll note I'm out of shape. I've decided in light of the hiking we plan to do in St. Lucia and the stair climbing on board ship, it's time I did something to get into a little better shape. So since Wednesday I've been avoiding the elevator at work and taking the stairs. While I have no illusions that I'll lose fifty pounds by January I'm hoping the stair climbing on board ship will be a little easier. But for now my first goal is simply to make it to the 4th floor (where I work) without wheezing!

No comments: