Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

I was away less than 36 hours but it is so nice to be home. For some reason I just couldn't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. The bed was certainly big and the bedding very comfortable, the air conditioning unit was quiet, and there were no bright lights shining into the room. In any event, I slept for a few hours, was awake for an hour or so, slept for a couple more, then awake again for another hour. I've been home for a couple of hours and I'm ready for bed!

There's a realtor's sign on my neighbour's front lawn. I knew she was planning to sell since she came by a couple of weekends ago to ask if she could repair our fence. When the previous owner of my house put in the sunroom and deck he removed the fence to get the materials to the back yard. Although he put the fence back in, his carpentry skills were apparently no better than mine, as he didn't complete the job. I really hadn't noticed when we viewed the property and it wasn't a priority on my list of things to dol. So I certainly had no problem with the neighbour fixing the fence.

Of course, I had to check the listing out on-line to compare to my own property. I was surprised to learn that while it is larger than my home, the listing is priced several thousand dollars less than I paid for mine. My immediate reaction was "yikes, did I over pay?" Likely not, as her house has one less bedroom, one less bath, a single garage not a double, no sunroom or deck and no basement development. Phew! Of course, if there is an open house I'll go take a peek just to be certain.

Time to try to get a good night's sleep. Maybe I just missed the cats!


No comments: