Friday, 19 August 2011

A lazy Friday

I had great intentions, I truly did, with a number of chores and projects to complete. I accomplished none and while I should probably feel guilty I don't!

After feeding the cats about 7 a.m. I went back to bed to catch a few more zzz's. The goal was another half hour, but when I finally came to, it was 9:30. I guess I was more tired than I thought. All four of the cats were snuggled in as well so it was very cozy.

I finished loading the dishwasher with the dishes others left in the sink (not me!), made a pot of coffee, and turned on the computer to do some research on flights and hotels for our winter holiday. Although we've booked our trip out of Miami to St. Lucia and our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, we haven't yet determined how we'll get there and where we'll stay for the two nights.

There are endless sites available purporting to have the least expensive travel and accomodation options. Opening one site often brought up others offering to compare the options. Identifying the options for flights and checking amenities at the various hotels is fun but incredibly time consuming. Especially when you add it catching up on my reading of the various blogs I follow and playing a few games. An entire afternoon was gone in moments with no decisions made.

This evening I went out to dinner with a group of friends. After a nice meal I went over C & N's house to watch a football game and visit for awhile. It was a lovely way to end a very lazy day.

No comments: