I've been spending my time doing lovely things like coughing to the point I hoped I'd hack up a lung, shivering during a hot flash, and most recently, trying to keep up with constant nasal drip. Oh yeah, and just for fun I threw in a migraine on Wednesday. Try coughing with a migraine...between nausea and feeling as though my head was going to explode...it was one of the worst days of my life.Because I'm a
The other item to come out of the budget is the goal of the federal government to renegotiate sick leave benefits for public servants. Currently we earn 15 days a year, which can be carried forward if not used. Should a significant illness occur, the employee can use up to 13 weeks of leave before disability would normally kick in. Those who don't use the hours lose them on leaving their employment. However, many employees use their sick leave as earned - I saw stats that say the average public service employee uses 12.5 days a year, while the private sector uses 8.5 days in a year (my numbers may be slightly off but it was in that range).
I suspect they may try to reduce the number of days we can earn in a year, and perhaps cap the amount of hours carried over. I can't see the unions giving away the benefit entirely, as it would have an impact on the private sector as well.

So things at work aren't as bad as I thought they might be (at least not yet), and I'm starting to feel better.
I'm getting lots of couch time in with my Sasha. The cats seem to enjoy that I'm a hot water bottle, but not so thrilled when I start coughing and send them flying.
Time for me to catch up with the rest of you, I did manage to lurk a little this week but I don't think I commented. Who knows, for a good portion of the week....brain...not...working.
Happy Saturday, everyone!
3 comments:
gaaaah!
Sick = AWFUL. I admit, folks that come to work sick where I'm at are shunned and "forced" to go back home! Take it easy over the weekend and get well...or wellER...
I can't imagine not banking your sick days, I had the luxury of five weeks off for my surgery two years ago and didn't worry one bit.
Oh, I much prefer that sick co-workers stay home and NOT pass their germs around. :-)
I didn't hear that tidbit from the budget. I'm trying to avoid the news these days, for the most part, as it just either p*sses me off or depresses me.
Glad you're starting to feel at least somewhat better!
So sorry you've been ill! Back to work so soon...could be the worst thing to do! Let's hope you didn't do any damage. Feel better soon; take care. Thinking of you! Kitty & Loretta
Post a Comment