Saturday, 16 March 2013

Busy Saturday

I was up early this morning (at least early for a Saturday) and out the door by 8, as I had agreed to supervise an exam.  The professional body I belong to asks its members to volunteer for these events several times a year, and I usually manage to do so once or twice.

The exams last four hours, and I've had as few as one student writing and as many as 15.  Today was 12 writing four different exams.  One of the instructions is the students cannot ask me for assistance with the exam questions...I took a peek at the exams....I'd have been no help to anyone!

When I was a student and writing the exams, those four hours flew by.  Now that I'm supervising, the same amount of time drags on forever and ever.  I took a magazine with me and my e-reader, and a ball of yarn.  The first hour I read, the second and third hours I crocheted, and the fourth hour I read.

Of course, I did take a look around the room on occasion to ensure no one was using crib notes or passing notes, or any of the other potential infractions I'm supposed to watch for.  I also took a walk to the back of the room, to get out of my chair and stretch my legs.   Boring!


I did manage to just about finish this beanie.  I'm not really happy with the way the finish looks, so I may tear it back and work the last few rows again.  I mentioned earlier I got the yarn at Zellers closing sale.  It took just on 50 g ball to make this child size beanie, and the yarn was 99 cents.  Darn cheap and it helped me fill in a couple of hours.

When I got, I watched the Women's World curling match I'd recorded while I was away.  Canada vs. Scotland - we lost 5-4 but it was a pretty good game overall, though both teams had misses as they got accustomed to the rocks and the ice.  After it was over, it was time to tackle the housework which has been the bane of my existence these last couple of weeks.

I don't know if it's the weather, the stress of work, or just plain laziness but I've letting things slip.  Even the cats have noticed!  So I spent the rest of the afternoon, picking up, washing up, and tidying up.

Tomorrow the curling starts at 6 a.m. - no sleeping in for me this weekend!

Hope has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Curling? Is that one of those reality shows where hair stylists compete for the chance to open up their own shop?

Katnip Lounge said...

LOL @ Olga!