Last night the forecast for our city called for 25 centimeters of snow over the next two days. That's 10 inches! :( We've already gotten 150 cms. this winter (5 feet); in a normal year we'd get closer to 100 cms. No matter how you add it up it's still a lot though as long as it doesn't come all at once it's do-able.
I woke up this morning and was relieved to see the storm has missed us last night! The forecast is now for only 15 cms. of snow starting this afternoon and ending tomorrow morning.
The radar image updated about 20 minutes ago, looks like this. The X marks where I live. We're surrounded by the snow but so far nothing is falling here. In aviation terms, when a break in the clouds occurs it's referred to as a sucker hole because it suckers one into believing the storm may pass by.
We seem to be sitting in such a hole at the moment. I'm hoping the storm continues on it's way and missed us entirely, but I suspect that's "sucker" thinking.
Update (6 hours later)
Here's the radar now - I don't have to enlarge it for you to know we're right in the middle of the storm.
This is my view through the front window.
Have I mentioned lately, how much I hate winter?
Think of me tomorrow morning, when I'm shoveling my way out of the driveway. :-)
Have a great week everyone!



1 comment:
Well I learned something new today! A meteorological meaning of the word sucker! Yay!
Hope the storm continues on far away from you! Take care
x
Post a Comment