So I dressed in my heaviest winter coat, pulled on boots, gloves and toque and headed into the cold (-16C). I took my camera with me to capture the ...barren tundra...for lack of a better description.
I managed to walk about 1.5 kilometers and I probably could have gone further but it was quite icy under the snow.
There is a small creek that runs this area, in the summer the geese flock to it...pretty empty right now.

We actually have less snow now than when I left at the beginning of January. My son C said with the melting it disappeared pretty quickly.
I have no illusions that more snow (and cold) isn't in our future. Spring won't be here until late April at the earliest.
Saku was waiting for me as I came up the walkway. Handsome boy!
These were my two favorite photos from the trip. The first is hanging above my desk at home, the second will go to the office with me.
I had this blown up to 8X10. I think it looks a little washed out but my son loved it.

This one was blown up to 8 X 12. I couldn't find a prepackaged frame with a mat and I wasn't paying for custom framing. Michaels had a sale on, buy one frame for the regular price and get the second of equal or lesser value for free. Of course I took advantage of that sale!
It will be a wonderful reminder of the possibilities for the future when things get stressful at work.
Have a wonderful day everyone!



2 comments:
The photograph's colours make it look like one from the 1950s. I like it.
We have snow here, too, but tomorrow is supposed to be +3° and above zero for the next few days. But yesterday Friday was predicted to be freezing, so it really depends on when you check the forecast as to what you'll see predicted.
Goodness what a shock to your system after that lovely vacation. Definitely different views from water to frozen water. Love that face in the window.
Post a Comment