The home I'm staying in is a mere block off the old highway and there is almost continual traffic noise. It is buffered for the most part by the large evergreens that are back of the house (and the house next door) but the sirens of emergency vehicles can be heard quite clearly. The other night two fire trucks and an ambulance went screaming by - never heard anything on the news so hopefully it wasn't anything too serious.
Yesterday, as I wandered the beach I started paying attention to the sounds around me.
The mallard ducks were quacking softly to one another.
The plovers made a shrill little chirp. Perhaps these are piping plovers - I wasn't able to close enough to see.

These two geese were having a loud discussion...I'm not sure about what...maybe they're married?
The crows were cawing and the seagulls were making their never-ending racket.
There was man-made noise as well. I spotted a half-dozen small aircraft flying overhead.
The sound (and sight) that made me laugh was this one.
The four little ones were shrieking as they ran splashing through the puddles. At least three of them managed to fall, landing on all fours but no one got upset...they just got up and did it over again.
If I wouldn't have had to do the laundry, I might have tried it myself.
Have a great day everyone!






3 comments:
Maybe not tranquil, but what a lot of interesting activity to watch. The sounds of joy can be relaxing in there own way.
I wouldn't be keen on the traffic noise (I have that every day here!), but at least you'll have a good idea of where you want to be, if you do buy there when you retire. In other words, you know the area now, and know your preferred neighbourhoods. :-)
As long as no one makes a fuss over a child falling, the child usually doesn't. Dirty hands and scraped knees are part of childhood.
As for tranquility, I could use such tranquility, noise and all.
Post a Comment