I had a late start to the day when I slept in until 9 a.m. Not sure why as I was in bed by 10:30 p.m. last night and don't recall being awake much in the night. I guess I needed it.
I had a lazy day yesterday; I did some more housework (washed floors), finished one of my knitting projects, and about the time I had decided I'd go for a walk, the landlady M knocked on the door to invite me upstairs for a glass of wine. I decided that sounded like a fine idea (I really was feeling lazy!)
There were five of us, M (landlady), her current roommate, an old school friend, her local friend who is a real estate agent, and myself. We sat and chatted and I especially enjoyed the view out the windows. As I've mentioned I have no view from my suite as it is in the lower level of the house. But OMG the views from upstairs. I said to M, I don't know how you get anything done - I think I'd sit and watch the view all day.
Last night it rained so I woke to overcast skies but it had stopped raining (and hasn't started again) when I left for my walk at 10:30 this morning. At first I thought I was almost alone but as I walked further along more and more people were out walking. There are a bazillion dogs (really, I've counted them....no not really :))it seems almost every one walking has one, so I almost feel naked just walking with my camera. Most of the walkers keep their dogs on a leash but one or two let them run...so far I haven't seen any incidents.
I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few items to get me through the rest of the week. As I walking to the store I noticed these mushrooms growing under an evergreen tree near the post office. The one mushroom in the center of the picture actually has another plant growing through it so it was split in pieces.No fairies though!

Once I was back at the house, I grabbed a quick lunch and then went up to the knitting group at the library. I'm pleased to say I've finished one of my socks, and the sweater for my cousin's grandchild. The second sock is on the needles and I've started a third project.
It's a mesh bag and I'd been working on it while I was in Victoria but I didn't like the way it looked so I ripped it all back and have started it again!
That's the fun of knitting - if you don't like something you can always start again. When I sewed that was the part I didn't like because if I messed something up I was pretty stuck with it unless I had lots of extra material.I digress...so what else is new?
This afternoon I'm watching the Manitoba women's curling. I may...depending on when the game finishes walk to the arena for the hockey tonight. Since I missed my walk yesterday, and I didn't walk much while I was in Victoria I'm behind in my goal of walking at least an hour a day. I bought a reflective vest when we were Nanaimo at the Value Village (second hand store) so I won't be worried walking home in the dark.
Today marks the beginning of my final week here in Parksville. That makes me a little sad but I realize it also brings me closer to the time when I can return permanently. At the end of next week, I'll have 51 marbles and counting!
I'll leave you with this photo of a duck (?) I noticed on my way down to the beach. Funny guy! Since there is no smoke there appears to be no fire, but there must be some residual warmth. (Even though it was 8C today)
Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
1 comment:
Your vacation has been amazing so far! I'm really enjoying your posts...and I envy your mad knitting skillz!
Post a Comment