I really didn't do much yesterday...which frankly, is part of the plan! I did have a lovely walk along the shore.
The walkway begins about two blocks from here I am staying. There is a large condo unit there called Beachview and I suspect the walkway was built as a result of this project.
The walkway extends into the community park where the boardwalk becomes paved. Although it`s not visible in this photo, I was able to walk to the point about another 1/4 mile.
Unfortunately there is private RV park past that point that is fenced in, so my walk along the beach ended there.
A view looking back towards where I had come from. Again, not a great photo but in the centre you can see a large white building. The house were I am staying is back on the hill to the left of that.
I may have to find a bird book, I know the Canada geese but the white feathered one is new to me. I checked the birds of North America site and didn't find it. Would you know what it might be?
There were also sea gulls (big fat ones) and crows wandering about.

I wandered back through the park and back up to the main street.
And look, there are still plants showing color! My landlady tells me her crocuses should be starting to push up by the time I leave at the end of the month.
This is a happy face! It was wet, but such a refreshing walk. I could wander as long as I liked as I had nowhere specific to go. I was out for nearly an hour, before heading home for a warm shower.
My cousin stopped by later that morning, and then the landlady popped in for an hour or so in the afternoon. I spent the evening knitting and watching junior hockey (Canada won!)
Today I'm off on another walk, this one much further, as I'm going to visit my cousin at her workplace - a travel agency. She's already promised me a ride back....it's been many years since I've walked that far and I'm sure I'll be exhausted.
Note to self: I need to stop at a local store to pick up a reflective vest. I'd like to take a walk after dinner but it gets incredibly dark here with overcast skies and often rain, the streetlights just don't cut it.
Have a wonderful day everyone!





4 comments:
I'm not envious of the rain, but I am of the milder temps, given our deep freeze (and I know it's worse on the Prairies). And flowers! In January! ::Sigh::
Enjoy!
Nice to see your happy, smiling face!
Now that is a happy camper face. Enjoy the warm and don't be too harsh on the natives. They have thin blood.
Their idea of a winter storm is more like an autumn rain. In fact, all the pictures remind me of autumn, perhaps even a cool summer.
We have gulls in southern Alberta, and they have webbed feet. How did they get so far from the sea?
Post a Comment