I'm posting later today on purpose, as I wanted to get some shots of the beach mid-afternoon when the tides are out. So today, I went for two walks, one at 10 a.m., the other at 2 p.m.It was cloudy and grey this morning, though not raining. The gulls were just starting to head toward the spit of land that is first out of the water.
At 2 p.m. the sun was shining, the tide pools were shallow and I could see the mountains in the distance.
I walked along the beach and was able to get quite close to the spit where the gulls congregate. It's a lot a bigger than I realized.
Does that crow look bow legged or is it just me?
Speaking of birds, this little guy was really busy this morning!
I never did catch him as he was doing his dive...got a couple of near bum shots though, :)
This guy was in the water too. I really, really have to buy a better telescopic lens.
Based on the shape of his head...I'm pretty sure it is a seal.
A few days ago, I posted a picture of a duck sitting on top of the biggest rock, surrounded by water.
Today I was able to walk right up to the rock!
This dog was loving being off his leash and running through the water. He started chasing the birds and ended up way out in the water. His owner was hollering at him to come back and he was paying no attention.
It was funny...at least from my perspective. Eventually she got him to come in and put him back on the leash.

By the time I headed back to the house at 3:30 the sun was disappearing behind the clouds. The water had receded even more. I wonder how far it goes out at low tide? Someday I'm sure I'll get a chance to find out.
And I won't have to disappear to make that happen!
Have a great day everyone!










4 comments:
Gorgeous beach pictures.
I've so loved seeing all your beach shots. Dad was saying that the pussy willows are already coming out in White Rock--they were walking there on the weekend.
Are you sure you can't stay another month? It could be a shock to the system to go home. LOL.
In that one picture, it looks like the mountains are floating. So dream-like.
That shot across the water with the snow covered peak is breath taking. What a great walk you had.
Post a Comment