Of course I always make sure I take my camera. Here are some of the shots from this weekend.
On the lower part of the yard, there is the barn and an old train station. My brother R has built a deck on the side (or the dance floor as it is more affectionately known). It's an awesome place to watch a storm in the distance, or the northern lights.
The station was moved to the farm site by the former owners. It's most frequently used for birthday parties!
R recently created a 1/4 mile running path through the bush, up the hill and then back around for he and his children to use. I didn't run it, though I walked more quickly than I might normally have because of the annoying mosquitos!
Above is part of the flower bed they planted a few years ago. One of the neighbours was clearing out the bed and gave them massive amounts of perennials. They've thrived in this environment.
The rose on the left, is a wild prairie rose. These were on the side of the road, and I don't think there was a blossom without a bee.
I tried all weekend to get a photo of this little chipmunk, and with this exception he was too fast for me!
The horses didn`t realize I was taking a photo because I was across the road.
Of course the reason I was there was to take care of this lovely lady Hollywood. For those of you who don't read the cats' blog, she had an eye surgery a couple of weeks ago and I had to give her meds over the weekend before she went the vet for her final checkup and removal of stitches. All went well!
Finally, I leave you a photo of the quintessential Prairie view from the drive home to the city. The weather was perfect!










4 comments:
What a lovely place and so peaceful looking. Chuckled at the reason for the quick pace during your walk. Biting critters will do that to you.
Glad the kitty's eye is doing better. All your good attention paid off.
Stunning photos, gorgeous property! How neat to have that old train station, that's so cool.
I didn't realize Hollywood was THAT shaved (on her side, I mean).
I'd love, SO LOVE, to be out of the city, but even if I had a car, doing that much driving on a daily basis would be onerous and expensive.
What a neat house that looks, and wonderful countryside.
Love that stone house and the country scenery.
Post a Comment