Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Angelversary

I realized earlier today, it's been eleven years today since Mom left us.  No matter that we didn't always see eye-to-eye, I miss her.  I miss the Sunday afternoon telephone conversations, catching up on the news (or maybe it was gossip).  I miss visiting while we (or who I am kidding, while she) cooked a holiday meal.

I miss her acerbic wit (even when it was directed at me), her toughness in the face of the pain that her constant companion, and her spirit.  She may not have been perfect but she was pretty damn special.

There isn't a week that goes by that I don't think of something she said or did.  When I travel as I did yesterday, I imagine her in the passenger seat of my car, keeping me safe.

We may grow old, but I don't think we ever grow up to the point where we no longer miss our parents.

Love you mom!

3 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Lots of hugs and purrs from the boys. As much as my parents drive me nuts, I'm lucky--so lucky--that they're still with me, even at a distance.

Peace.

Arkansas Patti said...

A sweet post that I am sure she enjoyed. They never really leave us do they?

John Bellen said...

No, we never stop missing them.