Sunday, 12 October 2014

Grateful, appreciative, and thankful

This is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.  It's been a very long and tiring week at work so I'm most grateful for a four day weekend.  (This is NOT going to be a whining post so that's all I'm saying about work)

Friday was spent running errands, buying groceries and getting my nails done before I went out for dinner with friends.  Saturday was housecleaning day, since I've accomplished next to nothing here at home all week.  Even the dishes were piled up in the sink!  I did laundry, vacuuming, washed floors and windows, dusted, and cleaned bathrooms. By 8 p.m. I was exhausted and ready for a good night's sleep but grateful for all that was accomplished.

I'm appreciative today will be a little less hectic. George (the turkey) is in the fridge defrosting, the bread has been chopped up for stuffing and for now I'm going to relax, read blogs and watch a bit of television.  A friend is stopping by shortly so I can help her with a task, and my daughter will be here later today for dinner with my son and I.

I'm thankful for the time we'll have together but I'll know I'll be happy when she heads home tomorrow.  We love each other but get along much better at a distance!

We've got weather for the weekend as well.  The sun has been shining and the temperatures are warm enough I've been able to open the sun room for the cats and get a bit of fresh air into the house. I'm appreciative of these last few days of more summer-like weather with the brightly colored leaves and the freshness of the air for my walk this morning.

There are so many things to be thankful for this year.  Family, health, and friends and even my job.  I'm also most grateful, appreciative, and thankful for this community I've found through the blogs I read and those who take the time to read and comment on mine.  The laughter and the tears that your words invoke in me are both inspiring and encouraging.

Thank you for sharing a little of your life with me and allowing me to share mine.  Happy Thanksgiving!






5 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, Eileen! 3000 miles has improved Scott's relationships with his kids, as well, LOL...enjoy your day with your children. Thanks for your friendship.

xx Trish

Fuzzy Tales said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Eileen. I'm all for distance among family members and friends -- sometimes being far apart works better than being close, geographically. I have a dear friend in Fredericton, have known her for over 30 years, but I doubt we'd have maintained that friendship if we lived close by. So I get it. LOL.

Enjoy your turkey and hopefully some down time tomorrow.

Olga said...

Happy Thanksgiving wishes.It's such a good thing to stop and take stock of the good things in our lives every once in a while.

Rian said...

Yes! Happy Thanksgiving Eileen! And I'm so glad that our Thanksgiving isn't this early, I'd never be ready. But it sounds like you're having a lovely one; friends, family, good food, and nice weather!
Enjoy!

Arkansas Patti said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your company but like you as happy as I am to see company come, it is a bit of a relief to see them go and I am positive they feel the same about us.
Enjoy the day and count you blessings.