Saturday, 20 April 2013

Minor annoyances

Okay, enough already with this jet lag.  I have been back for four days and I still cannot manage to get through the day without hitting a wall about 3 or 4 p.m.  Thank goodness it is the weekend so I can take a nap!

I am also finding with my computer as I cannot get the settings correct so I can use the apostrophe.  I have tried the little keyboard thingy on the right - it does not change the post so there will be no contractions in this post.

Today I managed to mess up my SD card for the camera; I broke off the little piece that slides to protect the card so when I put in the camera I found it was now protected and I could not take pictures.  Of course, it was at the moment I wanted to take a snapshot of Mr. Bunny!  As a result I made a trip to the photography store to get a new one.

I needed to go there anyway, though not necessarily today, to pick up gray cards for my photography class.  We had our first class on Wednesday (7-10, I took a nap after work).  It was advertised as learning to use your camera but I think it is going to be more technical than I expected.

I was a little intimidated when I went into the store as there are masses of cameras, and all sorts of gadgets, etc., and the clerk did little to dispel my fears.  I explained I was taking a beginner class and once we had found the gray cards, I asked about a new SD card, and provided the make and model of my camera.  The clerk began asking me a number of questions about the technical capacity and how I planned to use the camera - much of which I did not understand.  I guess the blank look on my face got through and eventually he found the card I needed and I was able to escape to my car.

When I got home I went to see if Mr. Bunny was where I had left him but he had moved.  I checked out the back of the house and found him waiting for me, good boy!

He seems to be changing color just slightly, especially on his face.  Perhaps spring is coming, after all!

Despite the minor annoyances I experienced today, I am reminded by the events in Boston and West, Texas, that our lives can change in a moment.  I can live with the little things that happen....even if I get cranky and say a few bad words!

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Olga said...

I can relate to the little mishaps (and the bad words that can go with them). I backed my car into a dumpster and now have to make a trip to the body shop.

Katnip Lounge said...

Welcome home! I am DAYS behind on reading posts...hope your jet lag is done, I hate that, too.