On a much more positive note, on Sunday morning I spotted Sami looking out the window of my bedroom. I went over to check to see what she was watching, and there was Mr. Bunny! I didn't get a picture then, but when the cats were out in the sun room, I spotted him again sitting in the back yard.
He appears to be pretty big rabbit, healthy, and obviously enjoying the sunshine. His ears seem to be turning brown....do you suppose that means spring is on its way? I sure hope so!
I spent much of the weekend watching curling - this week was the Canadian Women's Scotties Tournament of Hearts featuring teams from every province, one from the territories, and last year's winner - Team Canada for this event. The final game featured some incredible shot making. a couple of big misses, and one burnt rock. (For non-curlers, a burnt rock is one that is touched while in progress).
This year's winner is a young team from Ontario - the skip, Rachel Homan is only 23! She showed such poise and determination in the win, even when things weren't going well. The entire team was rattled when one of their players burnt the rock, but they held it together and prevailed over a much experienced team. As a result they'll be heading to World's in Riga, Latvia next month. It's an exciting time for them, and I know they'll represent Canada well!
Between games, I managed to get most of the housecleaning that I wanted to do this weekend. I'm going to tattle on myself here...don't judge me too harshly. This is the first weekend since I got home from Saint Lucia that I pulled out the vacuum. That's almost six weeks....since no one vacuumed while I away!
YIKES, can you say dust bunnies? I've swept the floors and dry mopped in the meantime but those suckers are sneaky and hide in the most unusual places...or maybe I haven't paid attention before. After emptying the vacuum twice with enough cat hair and dust bunnies to create a small herd I made a mental note, never to leave it this long again.
Mr. Bunny can stay because he's kind of cute, at least until he starts eating my plants this summer. The dust bunnies are not welcome!
Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:
Vacuuming, like dusting, seems to be a futile effort. I run the vacuum once or twice a week and dry mop and sweep every day and I STILL have dust bunnies everywhere. I'd rather look at your real bunny--what a cutie!
I didn't watch any of the curling...Would there have been a blackout here? It was held in our city. :-)
We're bracing for another winter blast tomorrow....*Sob!* You might be getting spring soon, but I don't think we are.
The rabbit made me think of a chameleon because of the way he's blending into the snow.
Thanks for stopping by my blog to read Catherine's interview.
Post a Comment